What to Do if You or a Loved One Are in an Orlando Truck Accident
Truck accidents can be a terrifying experience for all those who are involved or even simply witness the accident. Hopefully, if you are involved in one, it is your first time. The entire experience can be rather chaotic and confusing, so keep some of the following tips in mind:
- Safely move your vehicle to the side of the road or highway—the further away from moving traffic, the better.
- Call 911—even if there appears to be no serious injury or damage, it is crucial to get a police statement as soon as possible following the collision.
- Try and take photographs of the scene if you can. Do not speak with other drivers other than to ask if they need medical attention.
- Do not give a statement to any insurance officials or agents other than your own—and contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Try and get contact information, names and phone numbers, of anyone who witnessed the accident.
If a truck driver, fleet owner or mechanic is found to be negligent in contribution to an accident that left you or a loved one injured or damaged your property, you may be entitled to compensation. Please contact our firm today for a free consultation if you have been in an Orlando truck accident.