If I was hit by a car while riding my bike and the car that hit me does not have insurance, can I still get compensation?

Attorney Jay KanterAuthor: Attorney Jay Kanter

YES, you can get compensation if you own a vehicle, or reside with a resident relative who owns a vehicle that has uninsured motorist coverage (UM). The UM coverage will pay for out of pocket medical expenses, not covered by PIP, as well as, compensation for injuries, pain, suffering, scarring, and lost wages. UM is a very important coverage to carry on your auto policy. It provides essential coverage if you are injured by a hit and run driver, or an uninsured vehicle. It also provides you additional coverage if you are injured by a driver who has inadequate coverage to properly compensate your loss.

Share your comments with us. Our lawyers will respond to your comments.

Click here or call us at (800) 383-7853 to schedule an appointment at one of our office locations.

We are available to meet with you at your home, business, or the hospital.

Free telephone consultations are always available.