Florida Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Almost every night on the local news there is some sort of story about a person that was walking on the sidewalk or street when they were struck by a car. Our Florida Pedestrian Attorneys have represented hundreds of individuals that have been injured by a car or bicycle while they were either walking, jogging, working on the street or just sitting at bus stop waiting for the bus. Florida has established specific laws that drivers are required to follow in order to yield to pedestrians. Since 1979, our Florida Pedestrian Lawyers have seen just about every type of pedestrian accident you can think of.
The majority of pedestrian auto accidents take place at intersections and crosswalks where drivers fail to yield the right of way. Additionally we have represented numerous constructions workers that have been struck by drivers while working on the roads.
In any case which a pedestrian has been injured in Florida, it is our law firm’s job to obtain compensation for our client’s loss income, past and future medical bills, and pain and suffering. We encourage you to contact us at anytime for a free phone consultation or in-person meeting to learn how we can help you.
In most of our Florida pedestrian accident cases we work with our in-house investigator to take pictures and video of the accident scene. We then retain experts such as engineers, accident reconstructionist, traffic signal experts, human factors experts, and roadway construction experts.
In most cases there are very few eye witnesses, therefore it is important to rely on scientific evidence in order to prove your case. We always assume that the defense will challenge a case and claim the pedestrian is at fault. We prepare to prove your case for day one and we do whatever it takes to obtain the compensation that you deserve.
Our Florida Pedestrian Accident Cases
- Miami man struck while crossing street in crosswalk settles UM claim for $200,000.00 A 58 year-old Miami man was struck by a car during his daily walk. He was crossing the street in a crosswalk with the right-of-way when a driver who was headed in the opposite direction decided to make a left-hand […]
- Injured Senior Citizen Recovers 100K Our client was a senior citizen who was walking through the parking lot of her local pet store. It was daytime and there were no visual impairments for her or any motorists in the parking area. As she was walking […]
- Coral Springs man in powered wheelchair hit by car; Liberty Mutual tenders $50,000.00 policy limit Our client is an 85 year old man living in a retirement home. He drove a powered medical scooter / wheel chair around town to do errands, visit friends and pick up groceries. One morning he was driving his scooter […]
- Key West Car Accident Attorneys Help a 16 Year-Old Softball Star Struck By a Drunk Driver Duval Street in Key West, Florida is famous for bars and restaurants such as Sloppy Joe’s and Margaritaville. Every year, the streets are closed to vehicular traffic for a carnival-like extravaganza full of locals and visitors who are there for […]
Our 27 year old client was in her driveway when a neighbor pulled up in her car. After an argument, the neighbor backed up her car and while turning the wheel, ran over our client’s foot. Our client broke a bone in her foot which required surgery. The case was settled at mediation.
- $100,000 Personal Injury Attorneys Dell & Schaefer Settled Wrongful Death Action for Policy Limits Our client, a 48-year-old father of one minor child, was in the process of being robbed on the side of NW 27th Avenue in Miami, Florida when, in an attempt to escape the robbery, he ran across the street and […]
Our client, a 64 year old woman, was walking across the street with her husband, when she was struck by an 87 year old motorist. The woman hit her head on the pavement and in the months subsequent to the accident she began to show signs of confusion.
The treating neurologist and neuro psychologist believe that the head trauma may have accelerated her Alzheimer’s disease. Settled prior to suit for the policy limits of $300,000.
Our client, a 69 year old woman, brought her car into a gas station for servicing. The owner of the gas station left the car unattended, in drive with the parking brake engaged, resulting in the car running over our client. She sustained numerous fractured bones and a mangled left arm, rendering it useless.
The defense contested that the actions of the defendant were not negligent. After the filing of a lawsuit and numerous depositions, the defendant settled for its $1,000,000 policy limits.
Our client was directing traffic at an intersection when a garbage truck ran over his foot resulting in amputation of his toe and crushing of his foot. The garbage truck company claimed that our client was not paying attention and walked backwards directly into the path of the garbage truck. The garbage truck company denied liability.
Our legal team was able to prove that the driver of the garbage truck was lying and that he should have seen our client. At a court ordered mediation prior to trial the case was resolved to the satisfaction of our client.
Our client was killed when he was struck by a car while crossing the street at night. Our client had a blood alcohol level above the legal limit and the defense claimed he was drunk and not crossing in the cross walk. Through extensive investigation and a recreation of the accident, we are able to prove that the driver should have seen our client in the street. Prior to trial, the driver’s insurance company tendered the full value of their insurance coverage.