Florida Negligent Security Injury Attorneys
Our Florida negligent security attorneys have represented individuals that have been harmed at a hotel, night club, shopping mall, stadium, amusement park, parking garage, school, church, office building, restaurant, apartment complex, casino, bank, gas station, or on a cruise ship.
When Florida property owners fail to take proper measures to ensure the safety of those present it may lead to visitors or residents being severely injured, robbed, raped, assaulted or otherwise harmed. While the property owners are not the ones who actually caused the injuries, the property owners may be held liable for failing to prevent or warn against it.
Some examples of negligent security may involve:
- Insufficient lighting in a parking lot or common area
- Broken gates or door locks which allow for easy access by intruders
- Lack of security cameras
- Lack of security guards in area that has a history of crime
- No secure entry for apartment complexes
- Insufficient video surveillance
- Lack of warning or notification about recent criminal activity
- Failure to implement reasonable and ordinary security measures to protect customers
These inadequate security cases are often complex. Having an experienced Florida negligent security lawyer on your side is important to achieve a successful financial recovery. These cases need to be investigated immediately as pertinent evidence is known to disappear quickly. Our lawyers often work with local law enforcement to help obtain evidence necessary to win our case and to prosecute the individual responsible for causing harm to our client. We know how to investigate and handle these cases in order to give our clients the best chance at receiving maximum compensation.
As a general rule, property / business owners are not liable for crime occurring on their property. However, if there has been a pattern of crime on or around the business property, or if the nature of the business makes it susceptible to criminal activity, the law will impose upon a business owner a duty to implement reasonable security measures designed to prevent or deter future crimes. It is only necessary the landowner be able to foresee that some injury will likely result in some manner as a result of his negligence. If a similar event has occurred at the same property more than once, then it is much easier to prove liability.
In most cities throughout Florida, the local police departments maintain “crime grids”, which are reports that will specify all of the crimes in the specific region within a specific date period. The crime grids are public information that can be requested by anyone.
Our Florida Negligent Security Injury Cases
- Man punches punching bag machine and injures his hand resulting in $16,000 settlement Our Client Engages A Punching Bag Machine Our client, a mid-thirties man, entered into a bowling alley with his friends for a night of fun. During the event, our client and some friends decided to play the “bag punching” game […]
- Dell & Schaefer wins $208,000 verdict for clients injured by bouncers at South Florida’s largest strip club In the early morning hours of January 18th, 2009, two men were unlawfully beaten by bouncers at South Florida’s largest strip club. One of the men was celebrating his birthday with his wife, family members and friends, and had been […]
- Dell & Schaefer Resolves Wrongful Death Claim For Policy Limit Little Girl Drowns In A Lake Our client, a four year old child, was walking with her grandmother near a lake. As she was feeding the ducks, suddenly and without warning she fell into the lake. Not knowing how to […]
- Tip of finger amputated when moving bar stool that was loose Our client, a 49 year old man was with some business associates at a bar/restaurant in Delray Beach, Florida, when he attempted to sit on a bar stool. As he sat he grabbed the seat of the stool to move […]
- Dell & Schaefer Get Settlement for Child Injured at Day Care Our client’s three-year-old son was at a Boca Raton, Florida day care. While the children were playing in the playground, another child, playing doctor, picked up a tree branch and stuck it in the boy’s ear. He had immediate pain […]
- Hollywood attorney recovers settlement for homeless man beaten at market Homeless man badly beaten by supermarket employees receives settlement A 46-year-old homeless man from Hollywood, Florida just wanted food. Instead, he was beaten and bloodied by employees of one of South Florida’s largest supermarkets after he was suspected of theft. […]
- North Miami Beach Hotel Guest Receives Settlement Following Parking Lot Robbery Client was a 52 year old woman on a business trip in North Miami Beach, Florida and reserved a 2 night stay at an economy exterior corridor hotel. Client arrived at the hotel one night after work and was the […]
- Miami Negligent Security Attorney Recovers $175,000 For Injured Victim Following Robbery Client, a 47 year old electrician, stopped at a busy 24 hour gas station/convenience store at 1:00 am on a Friday night. After he pumped his gas, he was walking toward the store when he was the victim of a […]
- Gas Station Sued By Orlando Negligent Security Attorney Following Attack On Customer Our client arrived at an Orlando gas station at approximately 1:00 am to put gas into his car. The gas station was open for business and there was a gas station employee inside the convenience store behind bullet proof glass. […]